What could you do with 100 days of creating? That’s exactly what we’ve asked ourselves here at Team Creativ. For 100 days, each of us has committed to explore an area of creativity that fuels our passions. We’ve agreed to invest a little time into celebrating our creative processes every single day, and you’re invited to join us!
So, what exactly is the 100 Day Project?
Hosted by triannual publication The Great Discontent and designer Elle Luna, the 100 Day Project “encourages everyone to participate in 100 days of making. The great surrender is the process; showing up day after day is the goal.”
“For the 100-Day Project, it’s not about fetishizing finished products—it’s about the process.”
How can I play? Where do I start?
It’s easy! Just follow these quick steps to join 100 days of Creativ.
- Choose your action, which you will perform every day for 100 days and set a date to begin. (More on this later…)
- Create an Instagram account if you don’t already have one (this is where you’ll share project photos along the way).
- Make sure to follow @iamacreativ @elleluna and @greatdiscontent for important project announcements and for a chance to have your 100 days featured on creativ.com!
- Select a unique hashtag (examples might be: #100daysofCreativKnitting; #100DaysofCreativLyrics; #100DaysofCreativDoodling) for your project so that all 100 of your photos can be viewed in one place.
- Make sure to use this hashtag in all of your project photos and TAG us at @iamacreativ if you’d like your creativity featured!
What do I do for my project?
Luckily, the creators of the 100 Day Project have put together a few questions to help get you started.
- What are you passionate about? Is there something you used to do that you gave up, something you’d like to explore, something that intrigues you?
- Pick an object or objects. What do you already have in your possession that could be used to facilitate this project? it could be as obvious as paint and paintbrushes, a camera, fabric and a sewing machine, or a musical instrument. Or it could be less obvious, like your great dance moves, paint chips, a wooden chair, or strangers.
- Consider your location. Will you be home, traveling, or a combination of both? Pick something that’s feasible for you to complete.
- Choose your action. What’s your verb? Here are a few to get you thinking: stand, speak, drive, study, drop, act, remove, repeat, examine, replace, introduce, perform, jump, pass, test, roll, kick, run, cook, thank, place, pick, save, throw, cover, shake, count, dance, break, walk, form, deliver, show, raise, reach, catch, sing, sort, develop, measure, discuss, draw, dress, write, meet, climb, take, look, climb, wish, shout, wash, decide
Well, what are you waiting for? We can’t wait to collaborate with you!
Here’s a look at Team Creativ’s first ten days of making:
“Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.”